Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Senile Parenting...closer than you might think...


I know...I know...you all have heard this before...Parenting can be challenging... but so can parenting while you are getting OLDER…Getting Older FAST!
I woke up this morning suddenly remembering that the day before yesterday  Chris and I promised a ‘severe consequence' to one of our kids for a really DUMB MOVE on their part... an  UNKIND, HURTFULL decision they made that made things worse and humiliated another one of our kids... kind of typical kid stuff…but somehow highlighted by us wittnessing it full-on.

We were so dumbfounded by the sheer stupidity of said kid that we bought ourselves some time by promising a “dire consequence.’ But, because at the time we were super pissed off and needed to cool down a bit to think and ponder the meaning of it all, we put it off by saying we would talk about it “after dinner.”

Chris and I BOTH remember this much…

But neither one of us can remember exactly WHAT  happened to so offend our sensibilities or remember WHY  we were pissed and cannot piece together the ‘facts’ to come up with said ‘dire consequence.’ 

…sigh…

I think I may have to actually ASK the offending kid
Somehow, that just seems wrong…rubs me the wrong way for many reasons…least of all, my pride…

Someone once said that the hardest thing about parenting was being consistent. 
Yeah…that, and not losing your freakin’ mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment