Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Top O' The Mornin' to Ya


So last night someone left a dixie cup of M&M's in my bedroom. This morning, all four kids were loitering around my bed waiting for breakfast and mommy to get it in gear.

As I stumbled out of the room, I saw the dixie cup and I thought to myself, “M&M’s…a little sugar kick to jumpstart Mommy.” Of course, I don’t feed peanut M&M’s to my babies for breakfast, so there was no room for sharing…

stealth, I had to be stealthy and

vewwy qwi-et.

Children have chocolate radar. I couldn’t even acknowledge the choco-score so I simply picked up the cup, turned my side to the rabid seagulls that normally flank me on all sides and, as I walked out the door, popped one in my mouth.

Did I mention I live out in the country? WAY out in the country…

That we are the minority out here…Planet Earth is right…insects TOTALLY out number us and have our every move anticipated and covered….once they defeat our dreaded shoe or rolled newspaper attack they will absolutely kick our butts.

The dixie cup was swarming with ants, a little black marching, mindless workforce operating together to feed the swarm that lives inside my walls.

and THAT is what I had for breakfast.

Ants and Crest toothpaste.
YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment